Last revised in December 2012
Yifen Liu, Rabin Dhakal, Vikram Dalal, and Jaeyoun Kim, "Polarization-diverse light absorption enhancement in organic photovoltaic structures with one-dimensional, long-pitch metallic gratings: Design and experiment," Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 233904, 2012
Jaeyoun Kim, "Joining plasmonics with microfluidics: From convenience to inevitability (invited)," Lab on a Chip, 2012
Jiwon Lee, Jungwook Paek, and Jaeyoun Kim, "A biomimetic mass-flow transducer utilizing all-optofluidic generation of self-digitized, pulse code-modulated optical pulse trains," Lab on a Chip, 2012
Jiwon Lee, Jungwook Paek, and Jaeyoun Kim, "Sucrose-based fabrication of 3D-networked, cylindrical microfluidic channels for rapid prototyping of lab-on-a-chip and vaso-mimetic devices," Lab on a Chip, 2012
Yifen Liu and Jaeyoun Kim, "Plasmonic Modulation and Switching via Combined Utilization of Young Interference and
Metal-Insulator-Metal Waveguide Coupling," Journal of Optical Society of America B, v. 28, 2712-2717, 2011.
Jiwon Lee and Jaeyoun Kim, "Elastomeric microwire-based optical gas flowmeter with stretching-enabled tunability in measurement range," Optics Letters, v.36, 3789-3791, 2011.
Jiwon Lee and Jaeyoun Kim, "Fabrication of strongly anchored, high aspect-ratio elastomeric microwires for mechanical and optical applications," Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, v.21, 085016, 2011.
- Yifen Liu and Jaeyoun Kim, "Polarization-diverse, broadband absorption enhancement in thin-film photovoltaic devices using long-pitch metallic gratings," Journal of Optical Society of America B, v.28, pp.1934-1939, 2011.
- Jiwon Lee, Zhuo Ye, Kai-Ming Ho, and Jaeyoun Kim, "Two-dimensional optofluidic liquid-core waveguiding based on optimized integration of single- and multiple-layer," Journal of Optical Society of America B, v.28, pp.489-494 2011.
- Yifen Liu and Jaeyoun Kim, "Numerical Investigation of Finite Thickness Metal-Insulator-Metal Structure for Waveguide-based Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensing," Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, v.148, pp. 23-28, 2010.
- Yifen Liu and Jaeyoun Kim, "Characteristics of plasmonic Bragg reflectors with insulator width modulated in sawtooth profiles," Optics Express, v.18, pp.11589-11598, 2010.
- Jaeyoun Kim, Richard Soref, and Walter Buchwald, "Multi-peak electromagnetically induced transparency (EIT)-like transmission from bull's eye-shaped metamaterial," Optics Express, v.18, pp.17997-18002, 2010.
- Jaeyoun Kim, "Numerical investigation of quasi-coplanar plasmonic waveguide-based photonic components," Optics Express, v.16, pp.9691-9700, 2008.
- Jaeyoun Kim, "Surface plasmon-polariton waveguiding characteristics of metal/dielectric quasi-coplanar structures," Optics Letters, v.32, pp.3405-3407, 2007.
- K.-H. Jeong, Jaeyoun Kim, and L. P. Lee, "Biomimetic artificial compound eyes," Science, v.312, pp.557-561, 2006.
- G. L. Liu, Jaeyoun Kim, Y. Lu, and L. P. Lee, "Fluorescence enhancement of quantum dots enclosed in Au nanopockets with subwavelength aperture," Applied Physics Letters, v.89, 241118, 2006.
- G. L. Liu, Jaeyoun Kim, Y. Lu, and L. P. Lee, "Optofluidic control via photothermal nanoparticles," Nature Materials, v.5, pp.27-32, 2006 (Highlighted in Nature, v.438, p.1058, 2005).
- Jaeyoun Kim, K.-H. Jeong, and L. P. Lee, "Artificial ommatidia by self-aligned microlenses and waveguides," Optics Letters, v.30, pp.5-7, 2005.
- Jaeyoun Kim, G. L. Liu, and L. P. Lee, "Lens-scanning Raman microspectroscopy system using compact disc optical pickup technology," Optics Express, v.13, pp.4780-4785, 2005 (Highlighted in Biophotonics International, August, 2005).
- Jaeyoun Kim, G. L. Liu, Y. Lu, and L. P. Lee, "Intra-particle plasmonic coupling of tip and cavity resonance modes in metallic apertured nanocavities," Optics Express, v.13, pp.8332-8338, 2005.
- G. L. Liu, Y. Lu, Jaeyoun Kim, J. C. Doll, and L. P. Lee, "A magnetic nanocrescent Raman probe for functional in vivo cellular nanospectroscopy," Advanced Materials, v.17, pp.2683-2688, 2005.
- G. L. Liu, Y. Lu, Jaeyoun Kim, Y. Mejia, and L. P. Lee, "Nanophotonic crescent moon structures with sharp edge for ultrasensitive biomolecular detections by local field enhancement effect," Nano Letters, v.5, pp.119-124, 2005.
J. Kim's Ph.D. work
- Jaeyoun Kim, G. Y. Li, and K. A. Winick, "Ag-exchanged glass waveguide optical add-drop multiplexer with amorphous silicon overlay DBR," Applied Optics, v.43, pp.671-677, 2004.
- Jaeyoun Kim, K. A. Winick, C. Florea, and M. McCoy, "Design and fabrication of low-loss hydrogenated amorphous silicon overlay DBR for glass waveguide devices," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, v.8, pp.1307-1315, 2002.
- Jaeyoun Kim, O. Boyraz, J.-H. Lim, and M. N. Islam, "Gain enhancement in cascaded fiber parametric amplifier with quasi-phase matching: theory and experiment," Journal of Lightwave Technology, v.19, pp.247-251, 2001.
- O. Boyraz, Jaeyoun Kim, M. N. Islam, F. Coppinger, and B. Jalali, "10 Gb/s multiple wavelength, coherent short pulse source based on spectral carving of supercontinuum generated in fibers," Journal of Lightwave Technology, v.18, pp.2167-2175, 2000.
- G. A. Nowak, Jaeyoun Kim, and M. N. Islam, "Stable supercontinuum generation in short length of conventional dispersion-shifted fiber," Applied Optics, v.38, pp.7364-7369, 1999.